Aghaviller Parish Newsletter
Hugginstown, Newmarket and Stoneyford.
1st. and 2nd. April 2023 —
Priests Living within the Parish:
Liam Cassin (Parish Priest) Telephone: 056 776 8693 or Mobile 087 231 2354
Peter Hoyne (Retired) Telephone: 056 776 8678 or Mobile 086 373 8492
Mass Times in Aghaviller Parish:
Monday 3rd. to Sunday 9th. April 2023.
Monday and Tuesday at 9.30a.m. and Thursday 8.00p.m
- Vigil – Saturday 8th at 8.00p.m.;
- Sunday 9th. at 10.00a.m.
- Vigil – Wednesday 6th. at 7.00p.m.
- Vigil – Saturday 8th. at 6.30p.m.;
Thursday 6th. Home Visitation with Holy Communion will take place on Thursday not Friday.
Please let us know if you would like to receive Holy Communion in your home for Easter or at any other time.
Friday 7th. Good Friday – Day of Fast and Abstinence.
Agnes Kenny, Lawcus Fields. Mass in Stoneyford Church on Saturday 1st. April at 6.30p.m.
Rota for next week-end:
8th. and 9th. April 2023 (Easter Sunday)
- Hugginstown: Saturday and Sunday: Readers arranged through the Holy Week Rota
- Stoneyford: Saturday: Readers arranged through the Holy Week Rota
- Hugginstown: Saturday 8.00p.m. Mary Murphy; Sunday 10.00a.m. Kay Power
- Stoneyford: Saturday 7.00p.m. Kitty Wallace;
Calvary Cemetery on Friday 2nd. June at 8.00p.m.;
Stoneyford Cemetery on Friday 7th. July at 8.00p.m.
Hugginstown Cemetery on Saturday 1st. July at 8.00p.m.
Holy Week Time Table:
Palm Sunday: 2023:
Palm will be blessed at the beginning of all Masses this weekend. (Saturday 1st. and Sunday 2nd. April)
Monday 3rd. to Sunday 9th. April 2023;
- Monday 3rd. 9.30a.m. Mass
- Tuesday 4th. 9.30a.m. Mass
- Thursday 6th. 8.00p.m. Mass of the Lord’s Supper.
- Friday 7th. 3.00p.m. Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
- Saturday 8th. 8.00p.m. Easter Vigil Mass
- Sunday 9th. 10.00a.m. Easter Sunday Mass
- Thursday 6th. 7.00p.m. Mass of the Lord’s Supper,
- Friday 7th. 7.00p.m. Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
- Saturday 8th. 7.00p.m. Easter Vigil Mass
On Wednesday 5th. April 2023 at 7.30p.m. – Mass of Chrism in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Kilkenny. All Priests of the Diocese will Concelebrate Mass with Bishop Niall Coll. During this Mass the Holy Oils for the Sacraments; used by the Bishop and Priests during the year will be blessed. Readers, Eucharistic Ministers, Parish Council Members etc. from all parishes in the Diocese are invited to attend.
We ask that all Trócaire Contribution be returned on Holy Thursday 6th. April 2023 or as soon as possible please.
The Church Door Collection at Masses on Holy Thursday will also go to Trócaire.
Envelopes for the Easter Offering Collection are available at the Church Porch. Please take one and return it with your offering during the Easter Season. This offering is for the support of the priests of the Parish and Diocese.
The “Church Door ” Collection last weekend amounted to €570.00. Thank You.
Many thanks to all who contributed to the Lenten Station Offerings during the past weeks. Much appreciated.
Dates to Remember for 2023:
First Holy Communion:
For Stoneyford School on Sunday 14th. May at 11.00a.m. in Stoneyford Church.
For Monroe/Newmarket Schools on Sunday 21st. May at 11.00a.m. in Hugginstown Church.
Ossory Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes 2023
- Lourdes Pilgrimage will take place from May 23rd. to 28th. this year.
- Accommodation in the Agena, Solitude and Padoue Hotels.
- Price includes return bus journey to/from Loughboy Shopping Centre Car Park to Dublin Airport.
- Return flights from Dublin to Lourdes;
- Transfer to/from Airport to Hotel;
- Full board and hotel accommodation for the 5 nights.
- For further information and bookings contact email@example.com or Phone 01 685 2244
Pilgrimage to Knock – Sunday 23rd April 2023:
Apostolate of Eucharistic Adoration Pilgrimage to Knock;
- Coach leaves from Woodies Carpark, Kilkenny at 7.00a.m. on Sunday 23rd. April.
- Please contact 086 166 6547 if you wish to travel.
- Mass in the Basilica at 3.00 p.m.; Chief Celebrant: Most Rev. Kieran O’ Reilly, SMA, Archbishop of Cashel and Emly. Followed by Benediction and Eucharistic Blessing.
New Eucharistic Ministers needed in both Hugginstown and Stoneyford Churches for weekend Masses. Preparation Training can be done on-line in your own home with just a meeting in the local church for practical help.
Please let me know if you can help.
It is also recommended that Present Eucharistic Ministers be involved in this training.
South Kilkenny Historical Society:
Diocesan Designated Liaison Person: Ms. Kathleen Sherry Tel: 087 100 0232.
Aghaviller Parish Representatives are: Teresa Broderick and Carmel O’Toole.
“Conversations with Women in the Bible”.
- A Day to explore insights from their stories and God’s transforming presence in their lives.
- Speaker: Sr. Therese Fitzgerald SND.
- Venue: Ballyvaloo Centre, Blackwater, Co. Wexford on Friday May 12th or Pembrook Hotel, Kilkenny on Saturday May 13th.
- More details later/ check out www.ssjg.org
Theology Open Day:
The Priory Institute provides online Theology Courses to degree level. Attend Saturday Lectures in Tallaght or from the comfort of your own home. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the Open Day on Saturday 29th. April.
This is the greatest week in the Church’s year. We call it Holy Week because Jesus made it holy by his Death and Resurrection. He died because of human evil and human sinfulness. Since we are all sinners, each of us can truthfully say that we had a hand in his death. But we must never forget that he died for love of us. We celebrate Jesus’ Resurrection that we might have hope for the future and new life.
If you wish to receive the weekly Newsletter by email, please drop your email address to email@example.com or Telephone: 056 776 8693. The Newsletter is also available on web (Stoneyford.ie.News) every week.
All notices for the Newsletter to be left in by Thursdays at 5.00p.m. please.
Contact: Telephone: 056 776 8693 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org