SARG hits the ground Running!
SARG’s Post Pandemic Return has been achieved with great aplomb.
- On Thursday 3 February SARG enjoyed their first post pandemic game of Bowling in Kilkenny. All are welcome to attend this event which takes place in Kilkenny Bowls every second week @ 11.30 hrs. The next game is on 17th February.
- On Wednesday 9th of February SARG met for the inaugural Short Mat Bowling session. There were two Bowling Mats in place and 12 members participated. Short Mat Bowls will take place in Stoneyford Community Hall every Wednesday @ 10.30 a.m. New members welcome.
- On Wednesday night @ 19.00 hrs. Fit Club resumed. This was well attended and with the exception of a few creaks and groans a great time was had by all. Fit Club is on in the Stoneyford Community Centre each Wednesday at the above time, all are welcome subject to space being available.
- On Thursday 10th February the usual game of 25’s took place in the Community Centre @ 14.30 hrs. This is a friendly game of cards and all are welcome. This games convenes every second week, if you wish to attend please consult the Community Calendar for times etc.
Spaisteoirí Átha Stúin:
As if SARG members are not active enough, members will embark on an inaugural walk on Monday 14th February. This is a new venture for SARG and members are looking forward in anticipation to their first venture. The walkers will convene at a chosen destination and go for a group walk. The first destination is Inistiogue. Initially the walks will be gentle and not very challenging, as time progresses we may get a bit more ambitious. It is hoped that a walk will be organised on a weekly basis. It will be great to witness Spring as it breaks out after a long Covid lockdown winter.
- On Tuesday 15th February SARG members are having their annual dinner. This will take place in the Ormonde Hotel.
- Stoneyford Active Retirement Group is situated in Stoneyford and while most of the members are from Stoneyford it is not essential to be from the area to be a member. New members are always welcome, why not come along to one of our events to experience, for yourself , the fun of it all.