Aghaviller Parish Newsletter
Hugginstown and Stoneyford Churches.
1st. and 2nd. August 2020.
“Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time”
Priests living within the Parish:
Liam Cassin (Parish Priest)
Telephone: 056 776 8693 or
Mobile 087 231 2354
Peter Hoyne (Retired)
Telephone: 056 776 8678 or
Mobile 086 373 8492
Please do not hesitate to ring if you need assistance.
Mass Times in Aghaviller Parish: –
Monday 3rd. to Sunday 9th. August 2020.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30a.m
Vigil – Saturday 8th. at 8.00p.m.
Sunday 9th. at 10.00a.m.
Wednesday @ 7.00p.m.
Vigil – Saturday 8th. at 6.30p.m.
Stonecarthy Cemetery Friday 7th
Mass on Friday at 7.30p.m.
- Tuesday 4th. Feast of St. John Vianney
- Wednesday 5th. Feast of the Dedication of the Basilica of St. Mary Major;
- Thursday 6th. Feast of The Transfiguration of Our Lord.
- Saturday 8th. Feast of St. Dominic
- Friday 7th. First Friday
Visitation with Holy Communion will take place as usual next Friday. Please let us know if you would like to receive Holy Communion in your home for the First Fridays or at any other time.
Mass will be celebrated in Sheepstown Cemetery on Thursday 6th. August at 7.30p.m.
Mass will be celebrated in Stonecarthy Cemetery on Friday 7th. August at 7.30p.m.
Jim McCarthy, Dungarvan, who died during the week.
Months Mind Mass:
In Stoneyford Church on Saturday 1st. August at 6.30p.m. – Christina (Chris) Ryan,Knockanore
In Stoneyford Church on Monday 3rd. August at 11.00a.m. – Mary O’Connor, Mount Juliet.
Anniversary Mass this week-end:
In Hugginstown Church on Sunday 2nd. August at 10.00a.m. –
Robbie Millea, Rockhall.
Anniversary Masses during the week:
In Hugginstown Church on Tuesday 4th. August at 9.30a.m. –
Nora and David Kenneally, Catstown;
In Stoneyford Church on Saturday 8th. August at 6.30p.m. –
Declan Fennelly, Oldtown;
Rota for next week-end:
8th. and 9th. August 2020 – (Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Saturday 6.30p.m. Sheila Raggett
Saturday 8.00p.m. Pat Duggan;
Sunday 10.00a.m John Barron.
Saturday 6.30p.m. Pat Kenny;.
Saturday 8.00p.m. Teresa Broderick;
Sunday 10.00a.m. Lillian Carr
Church Stewards Rota:
Stoneyford Church: August 1st.
August 1st. – Margaret Corcoran and Tony Roche.
August 8th. – Margaret Murphy and Teresa Phelan.
Aghaviller Parish: (The Way Forward)
Proper protocols are in place in both Churches for the safety of all. Please use the seats that are marked for seating: Every second row of seats is available for seating and family members are asked to sit together in the same seat.
Week-end Mass are as follows:
Stoneyford Church on Saturdays at 6.30p.m
Hugginstown Church on Saturdays at 8.00p.m.: Sundays at 10.00a.m.
- Many thanks to the Stewards who help in both Churches to remind people to sanitise their hands and to observe proper social distance within the Churches. Please accept directions from Stewards.
- There will be restricted numbers permitted in both Churches. The Maximum number permitted indoors is still 50. Hugginstown Church accommodates 65 and Stoneyford Church accommodates 50 with proper social distance. Please let us know if you are staying outside as outside speaker will be turned on and Holy Communion given.
- There will be no Missalettes or the passing of collection bags. A collection box will be placed at the Church door.
- Holy Communion will be distributed on the hand only from the front of the altar. In Hugginstown Church people will come up the centre and return by the side. In Stoneyford Church people will come up the centre and return by the side entrance; Holy Communion will be distributed upstairs in Stoneyford Church and outside if needed.
- Mass will be celebrated on Mondays to Fridays in Hugginstown Church at 9.30a.m. and in Stoneyford Church on Wednesdays and First Fridays at 7.00p.m.
- Baptisms can be celebrated – again observing social distancing and limiting the number attending.
- We hope that the Cemetery Masses in Calvary, Hugginstown and Stoneyford can be arranged after 10th. August
- Confirmations will be celebrated as follows:
For Newmarket School in Hugginstown Church on Saturday 22nd. August at 12.00 Noon.
For Monroe School in Hugginstown Church on Saturday 29th. August at 2.00p.m.
For Stoneyford School in Stoneyford Church; date and time to be arranged.
First Penance and First Holy Communions will be celebrated after the schools reopen in September.
- Attendance at Funeral Masses is still limited to 50 because of social distancing.
Local Sunday Mass Times on the Web:
St. Canice’s Church www.stcanicesparish.ieat 10.00a.m.
St. Mary’s Cathedral: www.stmaryscathedral.ieat 11.00a.m.
St. John’s Church: www.stjohnskilkenny.com at 11.30a.m.
Mooncoin Church; www.mooncoinparish.ie at 11.00am.
Mass is celebrated every Sunday and is also relayed on RTE Radio and T.V. and on K.C.L.R.
Diocesan Designated Liaison Person:
Mr. Cathal Cullen Tel: 087 100 0232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diocese of Ossory Web Page: www.ossory.ie.
Gardaí 1800 555 222:
Tusla – Kilkenny Area – Tel: 052 617 7302.
Aghaviller Parish Representatives are: Teresa Broderick and Carmel O’Toole
Lotto: – Aghaviller Parish and Carrickshock G. A. A.
The“Church Door”Collection on last weekend amounted to €610.00. Thank You.
Many thanks for your support with the “June Collection2020”. This collection is for the support of the priests of the Parish/Diocese.
The Diocesan Finance Committee has asked that we make available the parish bank account details so that people might be able to donate directly. For Aghaviller Parish Funds: Use IBAN: IE74 AIBK 9330 9000 0610 47 (BIC: AIBKIE2D)
For the support of the Clergy: Use IBAN: IE19 AIBK 9330 9000 0561 20 (BIC: AIBKIE2D).
All Parish Property and Accounts are registered under the (Diocese of Ossory, Reg. Charity No. 20015831)
If you wish to receive the weekly Newsletter by email, please drop your email address to email@example.com.
The Newsletter is available on the Stoneyford Website every weekend. (https://stoneyford.ie/news)
All notices for the Newsletter to be left in by Thursdays at 5.00p.m. please.
Contact: Telephone: 056 776 8693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2nd. August 2020
Eighteenth Sunday of the Year
A reading from the Prophet Isaiah
Thus says the Lord; Oh, come to the water all you who are thirsty; though you have no money, come!
Buy corn without money, and eat, and, at no cost, wine and milk.
Why spend money on what is not bread, your wages on what fails to satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and you will have good things to eat and rich food to enjoy.
Pay attention, come to me; listen, and your soul will live.
With you I will make an everlasting covenant out of the favours promised to David. The Word of the Lord.
Response: You open wide your hand, O Lord; you grant our desires.
My part, I have resolved, O Lord, is to obey your word.
The law from your mouth means more to me than silver and gold. R.
Let your love be ready to console me, by your promise to your servant.
Let your love come and I shall live, for your law is my delight. R.
That is why I love your commands more than finest gold,
why I rule my life by your precepts, and hate false ways. R.
Your will is wonderful indeed; therefore I obey it.
The unfolding of your word gives light and teaches the simple. R.
A Reading from St. Paul’s Letter to the Romans. 8:35,37-39
Nothing can come between us and the love of Christ, even if we are troubled or worried, or being persecuted, or lacking food or clothes, or being threatened or even attacked. These are the trials through which we triumph, by the power of him who loved us.
For I am certain of this: neither death nor life, no angel, no prince, nothing that exists, nothing still to come, not any power, or height or depth, nor any created thing, can ever come between us and the love of God made visible in Christ Jesus our Lord. The Word of the Lord.
Blessings on the King who comes, in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest heavens!