Aghaviller Parish Newsletter
Hugginstown and Stoneyford Churches.
11th. and 12th. April 2020.
Priests living in the Parish:
Liam Cassin (Parish Priest)
Telephone: 056 776 8693 or
Mobile 087 231 2354
Peter Hoyne (Retired)
Telephone: 056 776 8678 or
Mobile 086 373 8492
Please do not hesitate to ring if you need assistance.
Mass in Aghaviller Parish: –
All Public Masses on Saturdays, Sundays and Weekdays are cancelled.
Mass is said privately each day and is offered for all the people of our parish and for those who continue to care for the sick and those in need. Blessed Easter Water will be available in the Church on Sunday 12th. April.
Easter Sunday: Live from KCLR Studio: Mass at 9.30a.m.
RTÉ broadcasting: Easter Sunday 12th. April:
- 10.00a.m. Easter Sunday Mass. A Eurovision Mass, previously planned for Metz Cathedral, takes place instead in the Dominican Convent of Saint Jacques (Saint James the Great) in Paris, due to France’s COVID-related restrictions on indoor gatherings. Translation and commentary are by Fr Thomas McCarthy OP (RTÉ One & RTÉ Radio 1 Extra).
- 11.00a.m. Urbi et Orbi: Pope Francis’ Easter Message. Pope Francis will deliver his Easter blessing ‘To the city and the world’ with prayerand encouragement by video link from within the Vatican. Translation and commentary by Fr Thomas McCarthy OP (RTÉ One).
- The celebration of Eaaster, in act of prayerful solidarity and to lift spirits at this time of social isolation, Cathedral and Church bells will ring at 12.00 Noon on this Easter Sunday.
Local Masses via Webcams:
- St. Mary’s Cathedral: www.stmaryscathedral.ie. St. Johns Church: www.stjohnskilkenny.com
- Mooncoin Church; www.mooncoinparish.ie
Reflection on the Sunday Readings: Readings for Easter Sunday available overleaf.
St. Mary’s Cathedral Restoration Fund Draw:
The new Draw was due to begin on Wednesday 25th. March. This was delayed for some months. Tickets are still available from the Parish House, Hugginstown. Prize money €5,000.00 per month. If you can support, please let us know as soon as possible; For more information please Telephone: 056 776 8693. or 087 231 2354
Diocesan Designated Liaison Person:
Mr. Cathal Cullen Tel: 087 100 0232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diocese of Ossory Web Page: www.ossory.ie.
Gardaí 1800 555 222:
Tusla – Kilkenny Area – Tel: 052 617 7302.
Aghaviller Parish Representatives are: Teresa Broderick and Carmel O’Toole
During these weeks please note that every Catholic is entitled to a dignified Christian Burial. Attendance at Funeral Masses or Service has to be private and limited to 10 family members.
Trócaire urges supporters to retain Lenten Boxes until a later date. People can support Trócaire’s work and Lenten 2020 campaign at trocaire.org/donate or phone 1850 408 408. Please retain your Trócaire Box to return donations to Trócaire at a later date.
Pope Francis commissions a new study on Women Deacons. On Wednesday 8th. April, the Holy See Press Office announced the members of a new commission instituted by Pope Francis to study the possibility of Women Deacons in the Catholic Church.
Prayer to St Roch:
Prayer to be preserved from contagious diseases:
O God, who through an Angle, promised St Roch that those who invoke His name or
seek His intercession will be preserved from all dangers and contagious diseases.
Grant that through His intercession we may be preserved from this present danger.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord. St. Rock pray for us.
All notices for the Newsletter to be left in before 5.00p.m. on Thursdays please.
Contact: Telephone: 056 776 8693 or email email@example.com.
A Very Happy and Holy Easter to All