Aghaviller Parish Newsletter
Hugginstown and Stoneyford Churches.
14th. and 15th. March 2020.
“Third Sunday of Lent”
Priests living in the Parish:
Telephone: 056 776 8693 or
Mobile 087 231 2354
Telephone: 056 776 8678 or
Mobile 086 373 8492
Mass Times in Aghaviller Parish:
Monday 16th. to Sunday 22nd. March 2020.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 9.30a.m.
Tuesday 17th. March at 10.00a.m.
Sunday 22nd. March at 10.00a.m.
Vigil – Monday 16th. at 6.30p.m
Vigil – Saturday 21st. March at 6.30p.m.
- Tuesday 17th. Feast of St. Patrick (Patron of Ireland)– Holy Day – Mass Times above.
- Thursday 19th. Feast of St Joseph
Patrick and Stasia Fitzpatrick, Coolmore.
Mass in Hugginstown Church on Sunday 15th. March at 10.00a.m.
Rota for next week-end:
21st. and 22nd. March 2020 – (Fourth Sunday of Lent)
Saturday 6.30p.m. Margaret Ryan
Sunday10.00a.m. Deirdre O’Shea
Saturday 6.30p.m. Pat Kenny
Sunday 10.00a.m. Ruth Crowley.
Eucharistic Adoration in Hugginstown Church every Thursday from 10.00a.m. to 8.00p.m. All are welcome to join for any period of time.
Celebration of First Penance:
Monroe & Newmarket Schools on Thursday 2nd. April at 7.30p.m. in Hugginstown Church.
First Holy Communion Preparation:
The Family Masses in preparation for First Penance and First Holy Communion will be postponed until further notice.
Diocesan Designated Liaison Person:
Mr. Cathal Cullen Tel: 087 100 0232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diocese of Ossory Web Page: www.ossory.ie.
Gardaí 1800 555 222:
Tusla – Kilkenny Area – Tel: 052 617 7302.
Aghaviller Parish Representatives are: Teresa Broderick and Carmel O’Toole
Lenten Daily Texts:
Submit your mobile number to 085 831 3100 or email email@example.com to receive a short daily text to journey with others during this Lenten season.
Envelopes for the Lenten Station Contribution are available in the Church. This contribution is for the support of the priests of the Parish and the Diocese and can be placed into the Collection Bags at the weekends.
Reflection Scripture Card on the Gospel of next Sunday is available at back of Church.
Confirmation: Confirmation which was due on Friday 20th. Marchwill be postponed until further notice. Trócaire:
During the season of Lent, Trócaire asks people to remember the thousands of families who have been torn apart by conflict. The Lenten Theme this year is: “Hold fast to Love and Justice” Please take your Trócaire Box home with youand for more information on this year campaign visit www.trocaire.orgor call 01 629 3333
St. Mary’s Cathedral Restoration Fund Draw:
A new Draw will begin on Wednesday 25th. March. Tickets are available at the moment from the Parish House, Hugginstown. The draw will be held on the last Wednesday of each month with prize money €5,000.00 per month. Tickets must be in by Monday 23rd. March to be included for the March draw. If you can support, please let us know as soon as possible; For more information please Telephone: 056 776 8693. or 087 231 2354
Prayer to St Roch: Prayer to be preserved from contagious diseases:
O God, who through an Angle, promised St Roch that those who invoke His name or
seek His intercession will be preserved from all dangers and contagious diseases.
Grant that through His intercession we may be preserved from this present danger.
We ask this through Christ Our Lord. St. Rock pray for us.
COVID-19: Steps we are taking!
- To help counter the spread of infection, we are asked to:
- Suspend shaking hands at Mass as a sign of peace;
- Suspend the distribution from the Chalice;
- Receive Holy Communion only on the hand;
- Suspend the use of Holy Water fonts;
- Eucharistic Ministers and Priest to wash/sanitise hands before and after distributing Holy Communion.
- We are asked to provide an alternative to the practice of passing collection bags through the congregation.
- People may now place their envelope or donation in the box at the entrances to the Church as they enter or exit.
- Use normal sensible procedure when sneezing etc.
- Wash your hands.
- If you are unwell please, as a precaution, stay at home and you can follow Mass on T.V; by local radio, and from some parishes on the Diocesan website.
- For now, while the Holy Water fonts are not being used, if anyone would like to have Holy Water blessed for use in their own home, the priest celebrating Mass will be happy to bless Holy Water for you after Mass.
- Every Catholic is entitled to a dignified Christian Burial. Attendance at Funeral services and Masses should be limited to close relatives and must not exceed 100 attendees within the Church building. Similarly, Church Weddings and Baptisms may be celebrated on condition that the attendance in Church does not exceed 100 people.
All notices for the Newsletter to be left in before 5.00p.m. on Thursdays please.
Contact: Telephone: 056 776 8693 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.