Tidy Towns Major Projects 2017 – Progress Report February
Activity Report by Donie Butler 08-02-17
- Litter Pick held 4th 20 volunteers. 12 Sacks of Litter collected. Photos published in the Kilkenny People. Further goods received from Council Environment Officer –Bernadette Moloney.
- Meeting planned for Monday 13th at 9pm at Community Centre. Reports prepared and circulated.
- Farmers contacted re Hedgerow cutting. 3 Landowners still to comply before 28th Notice in Parish Newsletter and on Kilkenny People also Flyers erected in local retail outlets and Pubs.
- Council approached re TUS & CE Scheme Staff.
- Council approached re additional shrub/flower Tubs via Paddy McKee.
- Landscaping to commence in March. Grass cutting and weed control. Flower & Shrub planting.
- Lamps for Petrol Pumps.
- PM confirmed School advancing Green Flag programme.
- Dedicate Seats.
- Permanent Christmas Tree at Merino Drive.
- Biodiversity Strategy for Village.
- Council approached viz-a-vis 2016 Village Renewal Scheme 13 Point Plan progress or should I say the lack of progress. Close out being sought with Council Staff, CEO and Kilkenny Area West politicians. Matt Doran, Pat O’Neill, Malcolm Noonan and Paddy McKee have been very supportive.
- Council approached re replacements for Martin Raggett CES and Paul Ryan TUS. A lot of ‘red tape’ here.
Stoneyford-Ennisnag Easter Remembrance Ceremony:
- Remembrance Sunday Ceremony being planned for 16th April 2017. Incorporate 1916-2016 Centenary, Great Irish Famine and victims of all Wars.
- Quotation for supply of flagpoles discussed with Stoneyford Engineering.
- Quotation for supply of Monument discussed with South East Stonework’s and Molloy’s of Callan. Stone text drafted. Text & Design to be approved.
- Discussions held with Padhraic Moran re participation of school and school children in Easter Ceremony. Possible pageant/performance by children in Concert. PM to contact Rose Kelly.
- St Patrick’s Brass Band confirmed.
- Discussion held with Captain Dave Murphy re securing Military Colour Party from 3rd Battalion, James Stephens Barracks, Kilkenny.
- Fr Liam Cassin has agreed to put on special service with Choir and move Mass to 11am to facilitate ceremony.
- Fred to secure Irish musicians.
- Evelyn White to provide Irish Dancers (Children).
- GAA & Soccer and other local sports/cultural clubs to be approached re members walking in Parade.
- Local politicians to be invited.
- Finalise suitable location. Consider ‘Local Information’ Board.
- Graphic Editorial content being compiled by DB.
- Photographs being taken by Harry Reid.
- Design, Layout and cost being discussed with HSD & Signiatec.
- Cost project
Heritage Week (August):
- Have Heritage Board in-situ.
- Devise Guided Historic Village & Ennisnag walking tour.
- Wildlife Board at Ennisnag and Village Green.
- Walking, Food & Craft Trail Board to be updated.
- Complete Field Names.
- Photo Exhibition at Community Centre. Select photos for permanent placement in CC.
Odd Jobs Group:
- Steps at Ford River
- Placing repaired Litter Bin back on street.
- Clean up of Old Infant School.
- Protected structures plaques
- Erection of Flagpoles
- Placement of Monument.
- Painting of seats, gates and fencing.
- Erection of Schoolhouse Lane sign.
- DB to canvas and advance