Stoneyford Tidy Towns February 2016
We will stage our very important opening meeting of 2016 on Monday 8th February at the Community Centre at 8pm.
- Schedule of meeting dates.
- Schedule of Clean Up Dates.
- Programme of work 2016.
- Progress with County Council on VRS.
- Financial report.
The major focus in 2016 will concentrate on the approved Village Renewal Scheme led by the County Council and ourselves. The primary objectives will be as follows:
- Pathway to Ennisnag.
- Walking trails at Kings River.
- Restore 12thCentury Bridge walls at Ennisnag.
- Restore old walls at Kilkenny Rd (Sheehan’s).
- Restore Village Well.
- Restore Hogg’s Lime Kiln.
- Erect signage for nearby tourist destinations.
- Place overhead cables underground.
- Repair/replace footpaths.
- Plant urban trees at Main St.
- Replace lighting with old style lamps.
- Carry out ‘wall plates’ programme on listed/protected structures.
- Cast iron Village entrance signs.
The major focus of the Tidy Towns Committee will be as follows:
- Conduct ‘Field Names’ project with local landowners.
- Secure finance and funding.
- Completion of stone wall at Norelands/Main St. Junction.
- Planting of raised bed at Merino Drive.
- Creation of rockery at Lawcus Lane/New Line Junction.
- Sourcing of Telephone Kiosk.
- Sourcing of Pill Post-box.
- Source old ‘caltex’ lamps for petrol pumps.
- Erection of cast iron pump at Ford River.
- Insertion of steps at Ford River.
- Plant flowers & shrubs at various bed locations around village.
- Continue to close out ‘Black Spots’ in village.
- Graphic former shop window.
- Paint picnic tables and gates.
- Reposition old signage at Andy Brennan’s.
- Advance walking trails at King’s River.
- Reveal old farmhouse ruins at Ennisnag.
- Encourage businesses to maintain their premises and property.
- Sustainable Waste management plan and implementation.
On behalf of the committee, I look forward to receiving your support and working with you in continuing to make Stoneyford & Ennisnag an even better and nicer place to live. Thank you for all your support to date.
Financial Report: Click to download.